Welcome to Unified Physicians Network! As a member in one of the oldest and largest IPA’s, you will enjoy the same quality healthcare services our physicians have been providing since 1986. Your good health is a partnership between you and your physicians. There are responsibilities with the coordination of your medical services within the HMO system. To ensure effective delivery of your healthcare needs in our HMO model, please note the following;
- Be sure to select a Primary Care Physician (“PCP”); commonly known as a Family Practitioner, Internist, or Pediatrician. Your PCP will coordinate your total health care.
- Please remember that if you need to see a specialist, require diagnostic testing or Behavioral Health Care services, an authorized referral from our office is needed before any service is rendered.
- Please know that your insurance benefit plan may include a co-payment to be paid at the time of service. As co-payment amounts vary by HMO plan, please review your individual policy handbook for specific information.
- An important part of your overall health care is communication with your PCP. If you are a new patient, we recommend you schedule an appointment with your PCP to establish a relationship before an urgent situation develops.
- As always, during any life-threatening emergency, such as a heart attack or stroke, you should immediately go to the Emergency Room (ER).
Your welcome letter further details these and other items for your reference. If you have any questions or comments, we invite you to call us at 847-763-1700 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Thank you again for choosing Unified Physicians Network!